Makes 10 bun's
Banana - 1 ( the Cavandish variety is best)
Curd(yoghurt) along with whey - 3/4 cup ( if you're curds are thick then you may add 2 tbsp water)
Sugar - 6 tbsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Baking Soda- 1/2 tsp
Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Maida(Plain Flour) - 2 cups + 2 tbsp
Oil for deep frying.
Method of Preparation:
1. Put all ingredients except maida into a blender and whisk untill smooth.
2. Pour the blended mixture into a big bowl. Add 2 cups of maida and mix well. Add more maida to make a soft, smooth dough. Knead well for atleast 10- 15 mins. Make into a big ball, cover with a damp cloth and leave overnight.
3. Next morning, divide the dough into 10 equal balls. Apply a little oil on your rolling pin and board. Roll out the balls into small round buns approximately 2" in diameter. Roll out all the bun's just before frying.
4. Heat oil in a kadai on medium heat. Gently drop in the buns and fry on both sides untill brown in colour and puffed up.
5.Serve warm with coconut chutney
Notes: 1. Roll out all the bun's just before you fry them. If they are rolled out much earlier the dough tends to get soft and limp and you will have to roll them all over again. This applies to all breads like puri's, kachori's, chapathi's.
2. After you put in the bun's in hot oil, gently press them down with a slotted spoon. This will make the buns rise and puff up!