Milk - 2 cups
Sugar - 8 - 10 tbsp
Bread - 6 slices or more
Butter - 2 tbsp
Cinnamom- (grated) a pinch
Nutmeg- (grated) a pinch
Nuts and Raisins of your choice- about 1/4 cup each
Vanilla essence(optional) - 1/2 tsp
Method of Preparation:
1. In a large bowl, break the eggs and lightly beat them.
2.Add warm milk and stir well untill well blended.
3.Add butter and sugar and stir to dissolve.
4. Break bread slices into the milk. Stir well. Add more broken bread if desired. The whole mixture should look like a watery batter.
5. Add spices and nuts and raisins. If you are too lazy to grate the spices and opt out of it then the vanilla essence is a must.
6. Pour into a bake proof dish.
7. Place the dish in a shallow pan half filled with water and bake at 150 degC. for about 1 1/2 hour or untill a knife pierced into it comes out clean.
8. Serve cold.
Tips: Your bread pudding will turn out best if you use soft, fluffy and porous bread. Thats what gives air in your pudding and makes it light. The more dense your bread , the more dense your pudding will be. So try to avoid dense bread.