Saturday, 14 November 2009
Green Fish Fry
Great to have along with drinks, you may also serve this crunchy spicy fish with rice and curry.
Pomfret Fish slices - 10 nos.
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Vinegar - 1tsp
Rice flour - 1tsp
Fine Semolina (sooji) - 1tsp
Salt to taste
Refined Oil - 6 tbsp
Corriander leaves - 1/2 bunch ( roughly chopped about a cup)
Green Chillies - 2 nos
Ginger - 1/2 " piece
Garlic - 4 cloves
Grind the above to a smooth paste with 1/4 cup water.
Method of Preparation:
1. Put the ground masala into a flat plate. If there is any excess water , drain it out by tilting the plate gently.
2. Add all the other ingredients except fish and oil and mix untill well combined.
3. Take a flat pan and heat on medium. Pour the oil and let it get warm.
4. Now coat the fish pieces evenly with masala on the top and sides.
5. Place it on the pan when the oil is warm with the coated side down. Now spoon extra masala on top.
6. Fry for about 5 mins. on medium heat and then turn over.
7. Cook until both sides are golden brown. Enjoy hot Green Fish Fry with Salads.