Tuesday, 24 November 2009
Milk - 3 cups
Custard Pwd. (Strawberry flavor) - 3 tbsp heaped
Sugar- 3-4 tbsp (or to taste)
Coconut - 1 cup grated (do not pack into cup)
Cashewnuts - 1/2 cup
Raisins - 1/2 cup
Ghee or butter - 2 tbsp
Method of Preparation:
1. Take 3 tbsp out of the 3 cups of milk and mix it with the custard powder to get a smooth paste.
2. Boil the rest of the milk with sugar. After one boil put off heat.
3. Stirring continuously, add the custard paste into the milk. Put on heat again and keep stirring to avoid lumps. Stir till you see bubbles spurting out(boiling) and the whole mixture has become thick.(about 5 mins.)
Put off heat and continue to stir for about a minute.
4. Heat a kadai and add 1/2 tbsp ghee. Keep on low heat. Add the cashewnuts and fry untill golden. Drain with a slotted spoon. Next add raisins and fry for a few seconds. Remove from heat immediately.
5. Add the rest of the ghee and keep on medium heat. Put in the grated coconut and fry untill the coconut turns golden brown. Keep aside to cool.
6. Add the fried cashewnuts and raisins (reserving a few for garnishing) to the warm custard and mix well. Add half of the coconut and mix well.
7. Pour the custard into your serving bowl. Cover with the rest of the grated coconut, nuts and raisins. Serve chilled.