Wednesday, 16 September 2009
Tomatoes - 2 nos. (chopped)
Tuvar dal - 1/2 cup
Green chilli - 1 nos.(slit)
Corriander leaves - 1 stem
Tamarind - 1 1/2 marble size (soaked in 1/4 cup of water)
Jaggery -1/2 tsp
Hing - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric pwd - 1/4 tsp
Rasam pwd. - 1 heaped tbsp.
Oil - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste.
Oil - 1tsp.
Long Red Chilli - 1 no.(broken into 3 pieces)
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - 5 nos.
Method of Preparation:
1. Boil Tuvar dal in 2 cups of water along with oil and turmeric pwd. in a pressure cooker for 2 whistles.
(When well cooked you will not see the individual pieces of dal, it will be well dissolved with the water.)
2. Once the dal is cooked add tomatoes, green chillies, hing and salt. Boil till the tomatoes are cooked.
3. Add strained tamarind juice, jaggery and four cups of water. Boil for 3-4 mins.
4. Add Rasam Pwd.(recipe given in another post) and corriander leaves. Boil of 1 mins and remove from heat.
5. Seasoning: Heat oil in a small vessel. When the oil is hot, add mustard seeds, let them splutter. Put off heat. Now add the red chillies and curry leaves. turn the vessel around to coat the chillies and curry leaves with oil. Pour over rasam.
Serve Hot !